No two days are alike at Metro Studios.
Metro Studios is a digital marketing agency. We serve clients in a variety of industries including banks, health care providers, metal fabricators, lawyers, pressure washer manufacturers, golf courses and financial advisors. Our small agency is filled with creative and innovative employees working on everything from web development, to SEO, to video.
Effective immediately, Metro Studios is looking to add a designer to our web development team.
About this position
Our web team needs a design hero to create works that impress. This position collaborates with our web strategist and content writer to bring business and SEO needs together through mockups. These serve as a blueprint for our developers during website builds.
Experience designing for the web is crucial (deal breaker), and applicants should understand why and how that is different than print design. This is also a great opportunity for UI/UX designers looking to branch out into code. If you already know HTML/CSS you're getting moved to the front of the line.
- Facilitate the project vision by producing polished mockups
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ask smart questions, take risks and be innovative
- Experience designing for web with a deep understanding of responsive design
- Experience in standard design (UI/UX) software
- Work effectively in a team, turning abstract ideas into concrete design
- Knowledge of design best-practices and solutions to common design problems
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- A passion for design that compels you to stay on top of design trends
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients
Nice to have
- Basic HTML5 and CSS3 skills
- Familiarity with Bootstrap
- Familiarity with WordPress
If you've read this far, what are you waiting for? Apply now! We want to meet you.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Full benefits—including health and retirement plans—are included.
This position will require working full-time in our Hiawatha, IA office. Any relocation costs will be covered by the potential hire.